- Find your target audience. You will have to do some initial research. For online advertising you’ll want to use an ad tracker, as this will give you an idea of where your ad is going and what industry setting you get the most views from.
- Know your competitive edge. What can you offer that others can’t? Maybe they can offer the same thing but can you find a different spin or edge to make your product more appealing? Maybe you can go one step further in offering up just a little bit more. Maybe you have more experience or knowledge. There are a lot of ways to form a competitive edge. Know your market and your competitors and be creative.
- Establishing your image can be the best or worst thing for you depending on how you project. If you project a bad image for yourself or your company, then your sales will most definitely not be where you want them to be. Always be professional. Be careful of what you say, whether it be on air or in print. Use a catchy logo and tag line. Make your image good and consistent so that it becomes recognizable.
- Spend and make money – many people don’t like this age old adage – You have to spend money to make money. But it is very true. You will eventually spend money on advertising, even with free advertising as time alone is money.
- Know your market; find your niche. You do not want to advertise in the wrong “community”. If you want to sell rodeo tickets you don’t go to a baseball game. Do your research to find your niches.
- Diversification is a great key to advertising. You never want to use just one measure of attracting customers. Generally the wealthiest businesses are the ones that use a many-fold approach in finding new clients and customers.
- Keep in mind that your product or service will not appeal to everyone, no matter what you do. If you spend the time and money trying to appeal to everyone, you stand a high risk of losing more than you are gaining. This is especially so when you are a smaller company.
At Strategize Your Success we help entrepreneurs, coaches and small business owners with strategic goal setting, marketing and planning. We know what struggles you face and offer solutions to help make your business THRIVE.